Household Managers: The Hybrid Nanny
Are your kids in school full time and past the stage of needing a full time nanny? For over three decades, Hometown Nannies has provided placement of not only nannies, but also housekeepers, tutors, drivers, cooks, and more! Many of our candidates excel at hybrid jobs and serve as both child care providers and housekeepers, so while your children are at school, your Household Manager can tackle the tedious tasks such as running errands and completing household chores. Some families prefer an 11-7 or 12-8 schedule for their housekeeper/nanny/household manager to cover after school pick up, snack, after school activities, homework, dinner, bath, storytime, and bedtime.
Household Manager duties may include heavy cleaning, child care including driving to and from activities, home organizing, laundry, errands, grocery shopping, food prep, cooking (some have culinary degrees), assistance with parties and special dinners, interaction with contractors and vendors, receiving and mailing packages, as well as pet care.
For those of us who work full time and have busy lives, the last thing we want to come home to after a long day is a messy house with the impending doom of having to cook dinner for the family hanging over our heads. When you hire a household manager, you can come home to a nutritious and delicious dinner waiting for you on the table, the laundry folded and put away, the dog fed and walked, and the apple juice stain on the carpet that you’ve been meaning to get to all taken care of.
Some of our household manager candidates are even Certified Professional Organizers, and are specifically qualified to keep your house in immaculate order. Whether you prefer your closet color coded, or arranged according to season, hiring a Household Manager ensures that picking out your outfit before work in the morning will be made easy. Some Household Managers can also complete personal assistant type work such as organizing your filing cabinets, scheduling your appointments, and answering phone calls or emails. Personal Assistants are also available for full time and part time work.
The time that you would have spent over a hot stove, vacuuming up animal cracker crumbs, and attempting to organize your child’s art folders or closets can now be spent relaxing, reading to your children, fitting in a workout or yoga class, taking a shower with no interruptions, or catching up on your favorite TV show!
Now that we’ve got you daydreaming about coming home to a picture-perfect house, you may be wondering, how am I supposed to find this housekeeper/nanny/superheroine? Your answer lies right here at Hometown Nannies Plus, where we dedicate our time to matching you and your family with the perfect care provider. We eliminate the stress that comes with hiring someone new by thoroughly screening our candidates to guarantee that you are paired with a trustworthy and qualified candidate. We make sure we get to know both the family and the applicant on a deeper level in order to create the perfect match. Our arduous selection process will provide you with candidates who have demonstrated specific abilities in previous jobs. We also look for personality traits that will match you and your families lifestyle.
These individuals will be spending a significant amount of time with your children, and we understand how important it is for them to exceed your expectations, which is why we screen all of our applicants with the following criteria:
• Applicants must be bright, articulate, punctual, reliable, well-groomed, and exhibit good common sense.
• Applicants must have at least two agency interviews, three excellent recent references, a clean driving record and a clear 5-step background check.
• Applicants must be familiar with the developmental needs of children
• Applicants must have a legal status and speak fluent English
• Applicants must be high school graduates. Many applicants have a college degree, certifications, or some college experience. Several have M.A. Degrees.
• Applicants must have a minimum of three years of full time household managing experience
• Applicants must provide at least two pieces of identification including: Proof of legal status, a valid state license, driver’s license, or social security card
• Applicants must receive CPR certification within 30 days of placement, if not already certified and current.
• In addition, most of our candidates are bilingual and even trilingual and many are proficient swimmers.Now, you can mellow out and use your time to do the things you love while Hometown Nannies finds you the perfect Household Manager to make your kids an after school snack, assist with homework and bath time, and see to the mountain of dirty laundry that has been accumulating for a little longer than you would like to admit.