Information for Nannies, Housekeepers and Other Applicants
We represent top-of-the-Industry applicants seeking placement in the Tri-State and surrounding areas. We have offered National and Global Household Staffing since 1988.
We pre-screen all applicants via phone prior to setting up a time for a personal interview.
We are open M-F, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm with flexibility.
All LIVE OUT child and house care workers receive a competitive salary ($20-$35 and up per hour) plus paid vacation & major holidays. Some families will provide health insurance and/or 401K plans.
We try our hardest to work with respectful families. We advocate a maximum of a 5-day work week. We require and offer an HTN family-nanny/domestic agreement.
All nannies and domestic workers receive a competitive salary. The status quo is two weeks of paid vacation and major holidays. Some families offer a paid cell phone. (Live-ins receive free room & board, a minimum a furnished room & a private bathroom. Some families may provide a guest house, an apartment, or a separate-floor suite. Some may provide cable TV and the personal use of a car.)
Live in nannies or housekeepers may be asked to travel with their family – either domestically or globally or both. This should be discussed prior to the acceptance of any job.
- Over 21 years of age, except for mother’s helpers, who are ages 18-20
- Permission to work: includes working papers, a green card or U.S. citizenship
- Valid CT, NY or other appropriate driver’s license
- Excellent driving record
- Minimum high school graduate
- Speak fluent English. Being bilingual is a plus.
- Able to provide three local references with valid phone numbers and e-mail addresses. We prefer work references but, in the event that you have had one long term domestic job, we will accept personal references. (Personal references include former teachers/professors, work colleagues and job supervisors. We do not accept references from families or friends.)
- Be willing to take or have taken one class in CPR
Please be punctual for your FaceTime or Zoom interview. Please be able to scan and e-mail two pieces of ID if asked to do so: a passport, a green card, or working papers to establish legality, and a driver’s license, a social security card, or another relevant piece of identification. Also, please have three viable phone numbers of the references you will be providing. Please make sure that these references are aware that they may be contacted. If you are going to be late, or need to change your appointment, please call us: 203.227.3924. We will do our best to help you find the job you are seeking.
Additional Tips and Resources for Applicants
- Read Basic Questions for Childcare Workers to become familar with the interviewing process.
- See our Additional Resources to become familar with third-party Professional Organizations and Support Groups for domestic employees.
- Download and review a sample Family-Domestic Employee Agreement.
- Plan to complete a course on CPR. Visit The American Red Cross website for additional information.
- Contact us for additional information.
Background Checks for Applicants
Hometown Nannies Plus performs an employment references verification check of three (3) work references. In the event that a nanny or other applicant has long term work references, Hometown Nannies Plus may also perform personal reference checks.
We outsource the following five-step background check:
- Social Security Number Trace
- Driving Record Search
- County Criminal Record Search
- Federal Criminal Access Search
- Sex Offender Registry Check in all 50 States
Named W Magazine “Best USA Agency,” 1998 Little Book of Bests
♦ ♦ ♦
Named Best of the Gold Coast Magazine “Best Nanny Agency,” Westport/Weston, 2014-2017
Serving Connecticut and the Tri-State area locally; New England, including Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard, regionally; New York to L.A. nationally; and Europe, Asia, Australia and The Middle East internationally.
250 Post Road East, Westport, CT 06880
“Thank you again for all of your help, hard work and due diligence. You are in a class by yourself.”
– Family of Fairfield, CT