Information for Housekeepers, Nannies and Other Applicants
We are looking for qualified applicants for placement in Fairfield County, CT, Westchester County, NY, New York City, New Jersey and surrouding areas. We also place nannies and domestics nationally and internationally.
There is never a fee for you. We pre-screen all applicants via phone prior to setting up a time for a personal, in-office interview. We offer a small, free gift with your interview.
We are open M-F, 8:30 am – 6:00 pm & some Saturdays. All interviews are by prior appointment.
All LIVE OUT child and house care workers receive a competitive salary ($20-$35 and up per hour) plus paid vacation & major holidays. Some families will provide health insurance and/or 401K plans.
We only work with NICE families. There is a maximum of a 5-day work week. Our families offer lovely work environments.
All LIVE IN child and house care workers receive a competitive salary ($1,500 per week and higher). Live-in domestics receive free room & board, (minimum a furnished room & private bathroom; sometimes a guest house, apt. or separate floor) use of a car, paid vacation & major holidays.
Live in Nannies MAY be asked to TRAVEL with their family – either domestically or internationally or both. Some families offer a private phone line and/or cable TV. A few families will provide health insurance. AND the opportunity to work with children and to make a difference!
You must be:
- Over 21 years of age, except for mother’s helpers, who are ages 18-20
- Legal to work: in possession of working papers or a green card or a U.S. citizen
- Valid Ct. or N.Y. driver’s license and good driving record
- Minimum high school graduate
- Speak fluent English
- Able to provide three excellent local references with current, working home and/or business phone numbers. We prefer work references but, in the event that you have had one long term domestic job, we will accept personal references. (Please use personal references, i.e. a former teacher, job colleague, clergyman, etc. We do not accept references from families or social friends.)
- Be willing to take or have taken one class in CPR
Please be punctual for you office interview. Please bring with you two pieces of ID: a passport, a green card, or working papers to establish legality, and a driver’s license, a social security card, or another relevant piece of identification. Also, please have three viable phone numbers of the references you will be providing. Please make sure that these references are aware that they may be contacted. If you are going to be late, or need to change your appointment, please call us: 203.227.3924. We will do our best to help you find the job you are seeking.
Additional Tips and Resources for Applicants
- Read Basic Questions for Childcare Workers to become familar with the interviewing process.
- See our Additional Resources to become familar with third-party Professional Organizations and Support Groups for domestic employees.
- Download and review a sample Family-Domestic Employee Agreement.
- Plan to complete a course on CPR. Visit The American Red Cross website for additional information.
- Contact us for additional information.
Background Checks for Applicants
Hometown Nannies Plus performs an employment references verification check of three (3) work references. In the event that a nanny or other applicant has long term work references, Hometown Nannies Plus may also perform personal reference checks.
We outsource the following five-step background check:
- Social Security Number Trace
- Driving Record Search
- County Criminal Record Search
- Federal Criminal Access Search
- Sex Offender Registry Check in all 50 States
Named W Magazine “Best USA Agency,” 1998 Little Book of Bests
♦ ♦ ♦
Named Best of the Gold Coast Magazine “Best Nanny Agency,” Westport/Weston, 2014-2017
Serving Connecticut and the Tri-State area locally; New England, including Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard, regionally; New York to L.A. nationally; and Europe, Asia, Australia and The Middle East internationally.
250 Post Road East, Westport, CT 06880
“Thank you again for all of your help, hard work and due diligence. You are in a class by yourself.”
– Family of Fairfield, CT