Information for Applicants
Please review the following information prior to completing the online job application
Information for Nannies, Housekeepers and Other Applicants
We represent top-of-the-Industry applicants seeking placement. We have offered Local, plus select National and Global Household Staffing since 1988.
We pre-screen all applicants via phone prior to setting up a time for a personal interview.
We are open M-F, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm with flexibility.
All LIVE OUT child and house care workers receive a competitive salary ($20-$35 and up per hour) plus paid vacation & major holidays. Some families will provide health insurance and/or 401K plans.
We try our hardest to work with respectful families. We advocate a maximum of a 5-day workweek. We require and offer an HTN family-nanny/domestic agreement to ensure clear expectations and communication.
All nannies and domestic workers receive a competitive salary. The status quo is two weeks of paid vacation and major holidays. Some families offer a paid cell phone. (Live-ins receive free room & board, a minimum a furnished room & a private bathroom. Some families may provide a guest house, an apartment, or a separate-floor suite. Some may provide cable TV and the personal use of a car.) Some families will provide health insurance and a very few 401K plans.
Live-in and some live out nannies or housekeepers may be asked to travel with their families – either domestically or globally or both. This should be discussed prior to the acceptance of any job.
- Over 21 years of age, except for mother’s helpers (18-21 years old).
- Fluency in English. Being bilingual is a plus.
- Minimum high school graduate
- Working papers, green card, or citizenship.
- Valid CT, NY or other appropriate driver’s license
- Excellent driving record
- Two local references with valid phone numbers and e-mail addresses.***
- One reference letter from your favorite past employer
- Be willing to take or have taken one class in CPR
***We prefer work references but, in the event that you have had one long term domestic job, we will accept personal references. Personal references include former teachers/professors, work colleagues and job supervisors. We do not accept references from families or friends.
Please be punctual for your FaceTime or Zoom interview. Please be able to scan and e-mail two pieces of ID if asked to do so: a passport, a green card, or working papers to establish legality, and a driver’s license, a social security card, or another relevant piece of identification. Also, please have three viable phone numbers of the references you will be providing. Please make sure that these references are aware that they may be contacted. If you are going to be late, or need to change your appointment, please call us: 203.227.3924. We will do our best to help you find the job you are seeking.
Background Checks for Applicants
We outsource the following five-step background check:
- Social Security Number Trace
- Driving Record Search
- County Criminal Record Search
- Federal Criminal Access Search
- Sex Offender Registry Check in all 50 States
Additional Tips and Resources for Applicants
- Read Basic Questions for Childcare Workers to become familiar with the interviewing process.
- Plan to complete a course on CPR. Visit The American Red Cross website for additional information.
- Other Resources: INA, APNA, UNA, NAEYC and Nanny Palooza.
- Contact us for additional information.
Online Job Application
Once you have reviewed the above information, click below to proceed to the online job application.