We’ve taken the work and worry out of the household employment obligations by partnering with Breedlove & Associates, the nation’s most respected household employment payroll & tax specialist.
Their comprehensive, guaranteed service handles all your “nanny tax” obligations, including:
- Register for federal and state tax accounts
- Complete and file New Hire Report
- Calculate the correct amount of taxes to withhold each pay period
- Track gross pay, net pay, and taxes withheld
- Prepare state tax returns and remit taxes quarterly
- Prepare federal tax estimates four times per year and remit both the employer and employee taxes
- Prepare year-end summaries to state tax agencies
- Prepare Form W-2 and distribute to your employee (and any former employees who had wages during that calendar year)
- Prepare Form W-3 and send to the Social Security Administration (along with Form W-2 Copy A)
- Prepare Schedule H to accompany your personal federal income tax return
- Respond to IRS and state notices/inquiries
- Monitor ever-changing household employment tax law
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR EMPLOYERS OF TEMPORARY NANNIES:
If you pay any single individual less than $1,900 (2015) in a calendar year, you are exempt from the nanny tax obligations listed above. However, you are still legally considered a household employer and, therefore, must meet all applicable labor laws.
For more information about your obligations as a household employer and Breedlove’s No-Work, No-Worry service, visit their website.
Free Phone Orientation
As a Hometown Nannies client, we’ve arranged for you to receive a complimentary phone orientation at your convenience. You don’t need an appointment. Just call 1-888-273-3356 and a Breedlove expert will assess your individual situation, run payroll & budget scenarios, help you capitalize on tax breaks and answer any questions you may have.
We encourage you to take advantage of this valuable guidance. Whether you use Breedlove’s comprehensive service or not, we’ve found that this quick phone call helps families avoid tax and legal mistakes that can be expensive and time consuming. Just give them a call Monday – Friday anytime between 6:00am and 4:00pm and let them know you’re a Nannies client.
To get your payroll started, here’s Breedlove’s secure online registration form. You’ll be work-free and worry-free by the next business day.
5 Reasons to Call Hometown Nannies Plus:
- We are the most ethical, diligent and empathetic home staffing agency you will find.
- We have thousands of successful placements under our belts and we understand that each search is unique and essential to the continuity of your family’s busy lifestyle.
- We provide speedy, efficacious, and courteous service along with complete confidentiality.
- We have compiled a huge database, originated in 1988 and updated daily.
- We like a good challenge and do our utmost to make even the most complex job search a pleasing experience.
Hometown Nannies Plus offers support/referrals for:
- Special needs children
- Effective communications & mediation
- Household employee payroll taxes
Affordable nanny health insurance
- Prototypes of employee/employer agreements
- Confidentiality agreements.
Named W Magazine “Best USA Agency,” 1998 Little Book of Bests
♦ ♦ ♦
Named Best of the Gold Coast Magazine “Best Nanny Agency,” Westport/Weston, 2014-2017
Serving Connecticut and the Tri-State area locally; New England, including Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard, regionally; New York to L.A. nationally; and Europe, Asia, Australia and The Middle East internationally.
250 Post Road East
Westport, CT 06880
250 Post Road East, Westport, CT 06880
“Thank you again for all of your help, hard work and due diligence. You are in a class by yourself.”
– Family of Fairfield, CT
Named W Magazine "Best USA Agency," 1998 Little Book of Bests
♦ ♦ ♦
Named Best of the Gold Coast Magazine "Best Nanny Agency," Westport/Weston, 2014-2017
Serving the Tri-State area locally; New England, including Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard, regionally; New York to L.A. nationally; and Europe, Asia, Australia and The Middle East internationally.