Complete and submit the application form and we will contact you.
Information for Nannies, Housekeepers and Other Applicants
We are looking for qualified applicants for placement in Fairfield County, CT, Westchester County, NY, New York City, New Jersey and surrouding areas. We also place nannies and domestics nationally and internationally.
There is never a fee for you. We pre-screen all applicants via phone prior to setting up a time for a personal, in-office interview. We offer a small, free gift with your interview.
We are open M-F, 8:30 am – 6:00 pm & some Saturdays. All interviews are by prior appointment.
All LIVE OUT child and house care workers receive a competitive salary ($20-$35 and up per hour) plus paid vacation & major holidays. Some families will provide health insurance and/or 401K plans.
We only work with NICE families. There is a maximum of a 5-day work week. Our families offer lovely work environments.
All LIVE IN child and house care workers receive a competitive salary ($1,500 per week and higher). Live-in domestics receive free room & board, (minimum a furnished room & private bathroom). Some families may provide a guest house, apartment or separate floor, a private phone line and/or cable TV, use of a car, paid vacation, major holidays, paid sick days as well as health insurance and/or 401K plans.
Live in Nannies may be asked to travel with their family – either domestically or internationally or both – AND the opportunity to work with children and to make a difference!
You must be:
- Over 21 years of age, except for mother’s helpers, who are ages 18-20
- Legal to work: in possession of working papers or a green card or a U.S. citizen
- Valid CT or NY driver’s license and good driving record
- Minimum high school graduate
- Speak fluent English
- Able to provide three excellent local references with current, working home and/or business phone numbers. We prefer work references but, in the event that you have had one long term domestic job, we will accept personal references. (Please use personal references, i.e. a former teacher, job colleague, clergyman, etc. We do not accept references from families or social friends.)
- Be willing to take or have taken one class in CPR
Please be punctual for you office interview. Please bring with you two pieces of ID: a passport, a green card, or working papers to establish legality, and a driver’s license, a social security card, or another relevant piece of identification. Also, please have three viable phone numbers of the references you will be providing. Please make sure that these references are aware that they may be contacted. If you are going to be late, or need to change your appointment, please call us: 203.227.3924. We will do our best to help you find the job you are seeking.
Background Checks for Applicants
Hometown Nannies Plus performs an employment references verification check of three (3) work references. In the event that a nanny or other applicant has long term work references, Hometown Nannies Plus may also perform personal reference checks.
We outsource the following five-step background check:
- Social Security Number Trace
- Driving Record Search
- County Criminal Record Search
- Federal Criminal Access Search
- Sex Offender Registry Check in all 50 States
Additional Tips and Resources for Applicants
- Read Basic Questions for Childcare Workers to become familar with the interviewing process.
- See our Additional Resources to become familar with third-party Professional Organizations and Support Groups for domestic employees.
- Download and review a sample Family-Domestic Employee Agreement.
- Plan to complete a course on CPR. Visit The American Red Cross website for additional information.
- Contact us for additional information.