Do you need to hire a nanny in Stamford, CT? Hometown Nannies+ has been a leading Stamford nanny agency since 1988.
Thank you for your interest in Hometown Nannies+ LLC / malibu mamas / nannies4grannies.
We are a twenty-eight year old full-service boutique domestic staffing agency representing the finest families, and the most viable nannies and domestics.
We are open M – F, 8:30am – 5:00pm. After business hours, Ms. Ehrlich can be reached on her cell.
Client Families can either fill out our online application or, if pressed for time, can provide their information via phone conversation.
malibu mamas inc. was founded in 1988 by Jayne Ehrlich (a mother and former screenwriter with a master’s degree in counseling) during the Writer’s Guild of America strike. Hometown Nannies+ was incorporated in and has been helping Stamford families since 1992.
Ms. Ehrlich has more than twenty-eight years of domestic placement experience. She and her professional staff have placed thousands of domestic employees with corporate, financial, creative, professional and entertainment industry households. Hometown Nannies+ LLC / malibu mamas / nannies4grannies has consistently had one of the highest success rates in the industry.
We were listed as the “top USA Agency” by “W” Magazine in 1998 and were mentioned or written about in “Newsweek,” “Town & Country,” “In Style,” “L.A. Magazine,” were seen on the “Leeza Show” twice and have garnered other national and local accolades. Recently, we were voted “Best Westport Agency” in Westport Magazine’s 2014/2015/2016 Gold Coast Editions.
We screen our applicants with the following criteria in mind:
- Applicants who seem intelligent, articulate, punctual, reliable, well-groomed and exhibit common sense
- Have at least one personal interview * three excellent, recent references * a positive DMV history
- Are familiar with the developmental needs of children * legal status * fluent English * non-smoker
- Are High School graduates; college or some college preferred
- Have a minimum of three years of full time childcare experience
- Two pieces of ID including: *Proof of legality if foreign born, a valid DMV and / or S.S. card, etc.
- Receive CPR certification within 30 days of placement, if not already certified and current.
In addition, most of our candidates are bilingual and many are proficient swimmers.
Everyone that applies to our Stamford nanny agency goes through a 5-step background check includes National Criminal, Local/County Criminal, Social Security verification, Sex Offender Database, and DMV reports. Additional checks are available for a fee.
In addition to providing staffing for nannies, Hometown Nannies+ also provides handpicked and personally screened candidates for families in Stamford, CT that need to hire tutor, housekeeper, driver, groundskeeper and other household staff.
We have successfully placed thousands of nannies, mannies and baby nurses with families in and around Stamford, CT throughout our 28 year history.
We look forward to working with you.